Here are the resources mentioned during my Strictly for Troop Committee Chairs class at Great Lakes FSC University of Scouting 2018.
Committee Chair Helps
- An Annual Plan for the Troop Committee Chair – A month by month checklist (PDF)
- Sample Committee Meeting AgendaÂ (PDF)
- Troop Committee Support of Advancement (PDF)
- A New Approach to Scout Troop Planning – Article describing a quarterly approach to troop activity, leadership and administrative planning, by Clarke Green, scoutmastercg.com
Articles on Leadership
- Seven Ways to Demonstrate Your Leadership Presence at Meetings – from People First Productivity Solutions (Link)
- Seven Deadly Leadership Skills for Bosses – from Wally Bock (Link) Good ideas on behavior to avoid
- 50 Bad Leadership Traits – How to be a horrible leader, by Todd Nielsen (Link) Aimed at business leaders but there is some wisdom for committee chairs here
Articles on Meetings
- Ten Proven Ways to Run Great Meetings – from Dan Rockwell (Link). Including “seven reasons meetings suck” and how to quickly end a useless meeting
- How to Make Team Meetings Less Painful – from Dan McCarthy (Link). Five good reasons to have a meeting and five things to avoid.
- Effective Meetings: A Summary of the Best Guidelines – by Dennis E. Coates, Ph.D. (Link) Advice for meeting leaders and participants.