Are you a new leader?
If you are a new leader, you’ll need to set up a my.scouting account. To do this, you’ll need to go to https://my.scouting.org and set up an account for yourself, and take Youth Protection Training before you turn in your adult application.
- On the my.scouting opening page, you’ll click the Create Account link.
- Then, follow these instructions to set up an account.
- After your account is active, click on the Youth Protection Begins With You graphic to take Youth Protection Training.
- After you complete Youth protection Training, print the certificate of completion and turn it in to your pack, troop or crew’s Committee Chair with your completed Adult Application. Don’t forget to complete the disclosure form facing the first page of the application form, and answer all six questions on the right side.
Here are some non-BSA websites that I have found to be useful.
- Baloo’s Bugle – No longer maintained or updated, but the site contains twenty years of monthly issues running to 30+ pages each, keyed to the monthly Cub Scouting themes. Excellent, comprehensive help for all Cub Scouters.
- Ask Andy – “Andy the Net Commissioner”, an experienced and respected unit commissioner, answers your pressing questions about Scouting and its application in our units.
- ScoutmasterCG – Veteran Scoutmaster Clarke Green has hundreds of articles and podcasts covering nearly all aspects of Boy Scouting.
Before the Internet, Scouters who attended annual conferences sponsored by their councils would walk away with hundreds of pages of resources often called Pow-Wow Books. Explore some of the Cub Scouting resources from my collection.
Here are the resources discussed at the Ottawa District Roundtable committee breakout sessions or referred to in other articles on Bobwhite Blather.
April 2015 – Webelos Elective Changes
March 2015 – Webelos Program Changes
- Webelos and Arrow of Light Adventures that require special planning
- Article on Webelos advancement changes
February 2015 – Bear Program Changes
January 2015 – Wolf Program Changes
December 2014 – Tiger Program Changes
November 2013 – Rechartering
University of Scouting – January 2013
October 2012 – Advancement
January 2012 – Board of Review IQ True/False Quiz
Novmeber 2011 – Advancement Changes
- 2011 Guide to Advancement summary of changes and clarifications as they apply to troops
- Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops
- Extraordinary People – Essay on Scouters by Clarke Green
October 2011 – Journey to Excellence